Monday, September 30, 2013

iPod. eHarmony. H.H.Greg. E-moderating... ¿E-moderating?

An E-moderator moderates online communication between students and teachers.  As explained in E-moderating: The Key to Teaching and Learning Online a learners experience is central to knowledge construction.

E-moderating: The Key to Teaching and Learning Online is different from A Practical Guide to Developing Effective Web-based Learning because is focuses more on the interaction between students and teachers.

Although the educational website toward capstone is not being created as an online course, understanding the importance of communication in the learning process is helping to mold the website in a whole new way. Initially, I was going to design the website based primarily on the principles I learned in A Practical Guide to Developing Effective Web-based Learning. Although I will probably present information in the same ways that were suggested in A Practical Guide to Developing Effective Web-based Learning. I would like to adopt the importance of communication into my thinking and create a portal for website viewers to contact me. I do not think that e-moderating is the most appropriate choice for this website, however, I would like to be able to hear from website viewers and answer questions for them whether they are students or teachers.

This resource did not seem like an influential book for this capstone project at first, then I realized that it had far more to offer than I thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment