Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"Band"

One of the most reliable constants of film is that it never happens exactly how we would have imagined. Sometimes our expectations are far exceeded whereas other times trying to shoot seems like an impossible accomplishment.

For this music video, I wrote five different artist to see if they were interested in being shot, or willing to let me use their music. I have not heard back from any of them, but I have not given them much time to respond, either. In the meantime, I have a few friends who said they would like to help. We are not a band, rather a group of people who get together from time to time, and make music.

We plan to shoot on Saturday, February 9th in the Clarksburg, Maryland area. The music will be all original and it will most likely be improvisation. Generally, the music is praise or worship music, so walking in with a theme in mind will help the pre-production shot-brainstorming process. I do plan on shooting outside shots that are not of the band, but help to reinforce the theme of the music being played.

However, If one of the bands I originally contacted responds then I will shoot them, but for now, at least there is a plan. The reality will most likely defer from anything that I am expecting, so I am preparing to work with whatever comes around.



No comments:

Post a Comment