Thursday, February 2, 2012

Camera 1... Camera 2...Bring on Camera 12!

Have you ever seen a beautiful painting, and felt inspired to paint? Perhaps you've watched someone dance, and said "Ahhh, I want to dance like that?" Then, you found out you did not have any paint brushes, or a room to dance in?

For a long time I have had that "Ahhh, I want to dance like that" desire to do some some multi-camera shooting. Every time I go to film something, I always say to myself, "I really wish I had a few other cameras."

Recently, I have had the opportunity to to do multi-camera shooting in a studio, and it has been like dancing on an open floor for the first time. I have watched some of Hamilton Hamish's work, and can not stop thinking, "Man, when do we get to use that equipment."

Although I am still twirling in circles of excitement, and gratitude, we have not started moving our cameras, or have had to face some of the lighting challenges that someone like Hamilton Hamish would have to face when shooting a concert. Also, the magnitude of his work is on a far greater level than that of which we have experienced. He is probably sometimes working with over ten cameras, where we have only used two.

Nonetheless, this has been an exciting experience, and I hope that anyone inspired by painting is blessed with a paint brush.

Here is a link to some of Hamish's work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45GluwLCvao

No comments:

Post a Comment